No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Thursday, April 8, 2010

A hard tempo run

Tonight's workout called for a hard 20-minute tempo run with a mile warmup and mile cooldown.

After an easy 8:22 mile for a warmup, I zoomed into tempo running mode.

Basically the 20 minutes of tempo running equaled about three miles. So the first mile was done in 6:45, mile two was done in 6:50 and mile three was done in 6:49!

I was pushing it pretty hard, but that's the point of this workout. I love the fact that I was able to run about what I was hoping -- sub 6:50s for each mile.

Final cooldown was done in a relaxing, although I was pretty tired, pace of 8:09.

Total workout was five miles in 36:50 or 7:22/mile pace including warmup and cooldown.

Runners World Quote of the Day:

"Life is short. Running makes it seem longer."

Baron Hansen, Danish architect

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment