No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Friday, April 2, 2010

Catching up after a busy week

It's been a busy week at work and with running so I'll do my best to recap the week since it's been a while from the last post.

After my 12-mile run last Friday, on Sunday I got in a fairly easy 4.19 mile run in 31:30 for a 7:32 pace. Still was feeling the after effects from the 12-miler, but very pleased at the ease of this pace.

On Tuesday, it was time for some sprints. I proceeded to do a warmup of 1.18 miles at 8:51 pace.

Next were five 1/2 mile sprints. Here are the splits: 3:06, 3:13, 3:04, 3:08 and 3:06.

Followed by a 0.64-mile cooldown at 8:41/mile pace.

This was a very hard workout, but I was pleased by the pace I ran each sprint.

Wednesday's workout was just a very easy recovery run, since I was pretty tired and sore from the sprints. I ran four miles in 32:53 or 8:13 pace.

Thursday I was hurtin' so I took the day off in preparation for a tempo run on Friday.

I decided to do a moderate tempo run on Friday night, and it was actually hot outside! So I got to wear shorts and a T-shirt! Love it!

I also got a new pair of shoes on Friday at Achilles Running Shop's Erie, Pa., store. Thanks to my wife who picked them up for me! No sales tax in Pa. on shoes, by the way.

After a one-mile warmup of 8:18, I cranked out four moderately hard miles. Splits were 7:19, 7:17, 7:20 and 7:02! (should have broken 7, but no biggie).

I followed that effort up with a nice cooldown mile of 7:54, which felt pretty easy as it should have.

Now I'm hoping I can get up early on Sunday and get in a nice 8-10 mile run before a day spent with the family.

Runners World Quote of the Day:

"Once you are a runner, it's always there in the back of your head."

Bill Rodgers

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment