No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Friday, January 29, 2010

Finally healthy to run again

It's been six days of a massive head cold and finally it relented enough that I was able to get in a run today.

Yes, I'm also off work today, finally. So I went to the gym and decided to do a really easy 30-minute run. I basically ran 3.6 miles for an 8:20 pace and it felt good to get a little sweat.

Didn't want to do anything too hard because of the layoff and not risking my health taking another turn for the worst.

I really hate January colds, by the way, I seem to get one every year.

Anyway, I hope I can put this behind me and get back to doing some training. The 16-week program for the Concord Half Marathon in June is about ready for me to start, so we'll see how it goes.

I think this quote is appropriate from Runners World:

"Free your mind, and your feet will follow."

Kevin Nelson, The Runner's Book of Daily Inspiration

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment