No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Two great workouts

On Tuesday night, I felt guilty after a burgers and fries lunch earlier that day at Five Guys in Mayfield Heights, so I hit the gym hard.

Ten minutes of ellipitcal, then chest and abdominal strength training followed by 5-miles on the treadmill.

My pace was pretty steady the entire time, hovering around 8-minute to 7:40/mile pace. Burned off a lot of a calories and the run felt pretty easy.

On Wednesday night, I did 10 minutes of ellipitcal then some upper and lower back strength work before the treadmill for a hard 3 miles. The first mile was a warmup around 8:20 pace, then mile two was around 7:40 pace, and finally dropping down to 6:40/mile pace for the final mile. Felt great!

Runners World Quote of the Day:

"At age 43, when I found myself standing in my garage in a new pair of running shoes, I knew that it was my moment of truth. Behind me lay forty years of bad decisions and broken promises."

John Bingham, "The Courage to Start"

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment