No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Solid 4-mile tempo run, cross-training

On Tuesday night, I did a 4-mile tempo run that included a 1-mile easy pace around 8:20, followed by 2 miles at 7:19/mile pace. I wrapped it up with another easy mile about 8 minutes.

The running wasn't too difficult and I am preparing for a new program from the book "Run Less Run Faster".

Prior to the run, I did chest strength training and abdominal core workout. I can really feel it helping and the ab workouts are getting better each time.

On Wednesday, I decided to just do some cross-training after my hard workout last week and Tuesday.

I basically rode the stationary bike for 45 minutes at about 80-90 rpm. It was quite a change using different muscles in my legs. I'll have to get used to this.

My new training program is set to begin at the end of this month, so that I can begin the 16-month training program for the Concord Half Marathon in early June.

It will be interesting to see if the Run Less Run Faster method helps me.

Runners World Quote of the Day:

"At first an ordeal and then an accomplishment, the daily run becomes a staple, like bread, or wine, a fine marriage, or air. It is also a free pass to friendship."

Benjamin Cheever, Strides

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment