No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A solid 4-miler with a little speed

After taking Sunday off, I hopped on the gym treadmill Monday night and busted out a 4-mile run after 8 minutes on the elliptical machine. No strength training after a late start, since my wife had to work later than normal.

The first mile was nothing more than a gradual warmup at about 8:40/mile pace. The second and third miles were faster, done at about 7:53/mile pace.

The last mile I wanted to get a little speed work done, just to raise the heart rate. I gradually sped up to about 7:13/mile pace for a few minutes and then finished the last 0.5 miles at 6:48/mile pace.

One thing I noticed about this run is that training in the 6-minute mile range gradually has become easier, which leaves me very encouraged!

Runners World Quote of the Day:

"It has been said that the love of the chase is an inherent delight in man-a relic of an instinctive passion."

Charles Darwin

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment