No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Friday, December 4, 2009

Awesome 5-mile tempo run!

I'm very excited after today's 5-mile run, one of the fastest training runs I've ever done for this distance!

From the very beginning I felt warm and ready to go and did the first mile in 7:30.

Then I picked it up and did the second mile in about 7:15 with my watch showing 14:45. From there, the third mile time was 22:00 for another 7:15 mile.

Mile #4 was done in 29:25, so a little bit slower at 7:25, but still pretty good. I must have been feeling it after those two hard ones.

The last mile I decided to go as fast as possible, trying to simulate almost a race pace, but not quite.

When I got done, my watch read 36:15! That meant I did the last mile in 6:50. Very cool considering that during my last 5-K race just a little more than a week ago, my average mile was 6:34.

I feel great!

Runners World Quote of the Day:

"Good thoughts are no better than good dreams, unless they be executed."

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment