No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A medium-hard five miler

Today I really wasn't sure what I wanted to do, but since I'm on vacation, now is not the time to pass up running outside during the daytime.

So after I made a decision to do five miles, I figured I'd just go with what felt good. In this case, it meant going at a pretty hard, but not too hard, pace. I busted out the first mile in 7:57, then did the next three miles at a similar pace -- around 7:55 or so.

The last mile I was pretty tired, but thought I'd kick it in. Surprisingly, when I looked at my watch after finishing up, I had run the last mile in 7:17 and wasn't expecting to see that pace. For the entire five miles, my time was 38:57 or 7:47/mile pace.

All in all, a good run considering I ran pretty hard the day before. Oh how I love vacation!

Runners World Quote of the Day:

"They say you can't run away from your troubles. I say that you can."

John Bingham, The Courage to Start

Speaking of Runners World, here is a link to good article to check out in case you ever have a bad race. We've all had them, that's for sure.

http://bit.ly/4opfgZ

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment