No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Easy four-miler with strength training

Felt good tonight even after yesterday's somewhat challenging workout. I started the night off with 7 minutes of elliptical and then did some biceps, lats and lower back weight training. Three sets of each.

Then I hopped on the treadmill with running easy in mind. For the most part, it was just that, running at an 8:13/mile pace for the first 1.5 miles, then gradually bumping it up to 7:53/mile. After sticking at that pace for a while, I decided to ratchet it up for the final 1/2 mile.

I gunned it up to 7:13 mile for two minutes then decided to sprint it in for the last 0.3 miles finishing up at a 6:48/mile pace. Felt great!! The total time was 32:20 for 4 miles or 8:05/mile.

I'm certainly enjoying this new regime of strength training and treadmill running. A nice change for running out in the cold.

Runners World Quote of the Day:

"Running changed my life and brought it into balance. I now feel as though my entire essence, body, and soul is centered."

Donna Isaacson, Casting director

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment