No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Monday, December 7, 2009

Back to the grind

The snow outside was frightful, and vacation was so delightful, I had no place to go ... so I went to the gym for a run tonight. Betcha thought I'd come up with something more clever. Wrong :-)

Anyway, I got in 4 fairly easy miles, although it was a harder time than I thought it would be. My legs felt tight and the back of my legs were sore. Must have still been feeling it from my 5-miler yesterday.

The pace was about 8:40/mile for a total of 34:40. I'm glad I got it in though, I need to drop a few lbs. gained from too much vacation indulgence.

When growing up we used to had a poster on the door headed down to the basement. It simply read: "Those who indulge, bulge" and had a picture of a pig on it. I always thought it was humorous, but it is a lesson I remember, but frequently have a hard time following.

Tis the season, I suppose, but hopefully I can keep weight gain to a minimum.

Runners World Quote of the Day:

"It's the athlete's job to learn to do the hard things easily."

John Jerome, The Sweet Spot in Time

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment