No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Long run and lifting

First, I must apologize because this post is two days late, meaning my workout was done on Friday. I had to work Saturday and simply forgot to publish the post on Friday evening.

I hit the gym and did some back workouts including lats, traps and lower back after doing a 10-minute warmup on the elliptical machine.

Once that was all finished, I did a 7-mile run in 61:30 at 8:47/mile. The pace is usually much slower for a long run, which I consider anything longer than an hour of time.

It's been quite a while since I've run more than an hour on a treadmill. I think the last time was in the winter of 2006-2007 when I was training for the Cleveland Marathon in the spring of 2007. I'd much rather run outside, but when it's a lake-effect snowstorm you don't have much choice.

Speaking of marathons, I thought this Runners World Quote of the Day was appropriate, although I don't claim to have a love for this distance:

"I didn't want to run Boston to prove anything. I just fell in love with the marathon."

Roberta Gibb on running the Boston Marathon

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment