No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Strength and recovery

Tonight was all about hitting the weights and running a fairly easy recovery run.

I busted out three sets of chest, back, shoulders, arms and abdominal exercise during a 45-minute span.

Feeling nice and warm from the lifting, I set out to do a nice easy run of 30 minutes or 4 miles depending on how good I felt.

I eventually settled in for an 8:20 mile pace for the first three and then decided to do another mile at 8:13. Felt awesome and finished in 33:30 for the four miles or 8:22/mile.

I love vacation, have I mentioned that?

Runners World Quote of the Day:

"If one has determination, then things will get done."

Chinese Proverb

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment