No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Last day of vacation running/first day of snow

Today is the last day of freedom before back to the grind on Monday morning.

This means the days of afternoon naps and running whenever is convenient are over for the time being.

With that said, I pumped out a 5-miler at a comfortable pace. It snowed, so the streets weren't completely clean and were a little slippery in some places.

The first three miles were done pretty much at an 8-minute mile pace (24:08). The fourth mile was a little slower because I encountered some black ice, so my footing wasn't that great. I clocked an 8:20 (32:28) for that mile.

After the black ice was gone, I decided to kick in the last mile, finishing it up at 7:20 pace to complete the journey in 39:48 or 7:57/mile pace.

For the next few months, my daily runs on weekdays/nights will mostly be conducted on the treadmill (boring!), but at least I can still get my mileage in without fear for safety.

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment