No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Monday, November 30, 2009

A steady state of mind

Since I'm on vacation this week, I get to run whenever I feel like it. Typically that's in the afternoon, maybe like 2 or 3 p.m. So that's what I did today.

I decided to do a steady state run meaning running all the miles at nearly the same pace. I wanted to go fairly hard today, since I didn't get a chance to run on Sunday because we were in Pittsburgh visiting some train museums for an upcoming story my wife will be writing.

I felt relatively fresh and I took off at a 7:45/mile pace. After the first mile, bumped it up to about 7:30/mile pace and kept it close to that for the next four miles finishing in 38:20.

It was pretty good to go that fast outside, although it was cool and I managed to avoid the sleet that had fallen earlier in the day.

I love vacation, then again, who doesn't?

Runners World Quote of the Day:

"Dwell on the positive, but have controlled, passionate anger."

Pat Tyson, running coach

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment