No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Monday, November 23, 2009

Last run before the Trot

Tonight was my last easy run before the Erie Runners Club Turkey Trot 5-K on Thursday.

By easy, I mean easy. Just a 2.5-miler tonight in 21:15 or 8:30/mile pace. There will be no running on Tuesday or Wednesday so that I am completely fresh for the race.

Goals for the Turkey Trot? Would love to break 20 minutes and place in my age group: 35-39. It will be tough, with at least 1,000 runners expected to run and likely 40 or more in my age group.

Hopefully, I can accomplish these goals, but if not, I'll be fine because at least I'm healthy right now. Plus, I'll be headed with my wife and son to my sister's house for some Thanksgiving dinner! Can't wait.

Lastly, a quote from Runner's World, maybe not one I agree with but ...

"It is very difficult to train for a marathon; but it is even more difficult to not be able to train for a marathon."

Aaron Douglas Trimble, Runner

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment