No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Friday, November 13, 2009

Refreshed after a day off

After feeling sluggish Thursday I took the day off. This helped rejuvenate me so on Friday, typically my normal day off from running, I got in a nice and easy 3.5-mile run at 8:34/mile pace.

I'm ready for a good 10-miler on Saturday morning with my friend Tom Brickman. We like to meet up at the Ashtabula County Western Reserve Greenway Trail.

I love running long runs here because it's very scenic and no cars. It's also not packed full of people like many running trails in Northeast Ohio, but there are usually enough runners, bikers and walkers so that you don't feel alone.

Quote of the day:

"Believe that you can run farther or faster. Believe that you're young enough, old enough, strong enough, and so on to accomplish everything you want to do. Don't let worn out beliefs stop you from moving beyond yourself."

John Bingham, "Tools and Rules," Runner's World

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment