No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Fruit cake/4-mile recovery run

The food editor at The News-Herald, Janet Podolak, brought in some fruit cake that someone made for her to sample. Oh my gosh was that good! What a delicious afternoon snack providing me extra energy to burn off this evening.

After last night's intense speed workout, tonight was designed to be a fairly easy steady-state 4-mile run, one that I eventually finished in about 32:20.

Feeling a little sore, I decided to warm up for a mile and stretch out before amping up the pace.

I hopped back on the treadmill and jumped into an 8:34/mile pace for a while, but that soon just felt too slow, so I dialed it down to 8:00/mile pace and keep it at that speed for about 25 minutes.

For the last four minutes of the run, I felt great and decided to kick it in at a 7:30/mile pace. Still felt easy, which was the point of tonight. I'm hopeful Thursday's workout will be a fast-paced tempo run.

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment