No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Beautiful day for running in shorts

Wow, 65 degrees in November and I ran in shorts! Gotta love that.

My 10-plus miler yesterday was tougher than I thought and I'm feeling pretty tired and sore today. It was mostly because the run had some challenging hills including a slow 3/4 mile incline at mile 9.

My Achille's tendons were barking at me a little bit so today was a recovery run. Just did a nice easy 20-minute run to loosen up. Ran at an 8:30/mile pace.

For the week, I got in 38 miles, which is one of the higher totals I've had for a while because of all the racing I've done this year. A typical race week means two days off prior to the race and lighter than usual mileage.

Speaking of races, I'll be running the Erie Runners Club Turkey Trot in Erie, Pa., on Thanksgiving morning. I'm entering the 5-K. I've heard more than 1,000 people will be doing the 5-K this year and probably about the same number for the 10-K.

I'd like to place in my age group (35-39) that would be a good day. Hopefully the weather won't be a blizzard like it usually is when I do this race.

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment