No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Friday, November 6, 2009

New shoes and instant energy beans

Love my new Nike Air Zoom Structure Triax shoes and got to try them out on a 10-mile run with a buddy of mine.

My feet feel pretty good and I have no problems to report right out of the box.

I also tried eating one Life Fitness Instant Energy Beans Double Mocha Gourmet Chewable before the run.

They have 40 mg of caffeine in them plus tons of B12 vitamin and only 5 calories each.

The taste wasn't good that's for sure. Soon into the run, I felt the surge of caffeine, especially since I rarely consume any at all. No coffee or pop with caffeine because it gives me problems sleeping.

But I keep getting these sample in the packets from road races, so I figured I give one a try.

It's hard to say if I'll try them again because they sped up the bladder and forced a bathroom break during the run. Plus, I'll probably have trouble falling asleep tonight.

But hey, at least I know what they're like.

No comments:

Post a Comment