No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A hard five-miler

Just got done watching the Cavs beat Orlando, sweet!

Before watching the game on DVR, I got in a nice five-mile tempo run, essentially finishing my jaunt in about 37:30. I felt strong pushing for 21 minutes in the middle between the slower warmup and cooldown.

I love that feeling when running 7-minute miles starts to feel "comfortable" and I can start to really push the pace into the mid to high six-minute mile range.

Hoping tomorrow I can get in a nice easy run and take Friday off.

Here's a quote from the legendary Bill Rodgers that I wanted to pass along, basically it's not always easy to get out and do what you love, but somehow you need to find a way.

"In the 30 years I've been a runner I've run more than 150,000 miles. Still, some of the hardest steps I take are those first few getting out the door for daily runs."

No comments:

Post a Comment