No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Monday, November 16, 2009

A hard lift and easy run


For the second week in a row, I got in a good weightlifting session. Always feel great after pumping some iron for about 30 minutes.

I hope I can continue this trend because strength training is one of the keys, I think, in maintaining fitness when you're not racing much in the winter.

Obviously, the Governator wasn't known for being a runner, but how can you not love old photos of that guy? No girly man was he. He pumped you up!

After working up a sweat, I hopped on the treadmill and busted out 4 miles in 34 minutes for about an 8:30/mile pace. Nothing too hard, just a good run to get the kinks out after taking off Sunday.

Runner's World Quote of the Day:

"The more I thought about what I get to do, the less I realized I had to do. It was just a shift, just a new perspective, just a new and more grateful method for labeling the things in my life. Think about it — if you stopped yourself every single time you were about to say, 'I have to' and changed it to 'I get to,' it might change your entire experience."

Kristin Armstrong, Mile Markers blog, runnersworld.com

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment