No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Lifting & GoErie.com

Got in my first strength training session in a while tonight. Nothing too heavy just light weights and high repetitions - meaning sets of 10 to 12.

I love to lift and it seems like once I'm back into it I feel great. Then all of a sudden I stop and that's it for months. Wish I could break the cycle.

After my lift, I got in a nice recovery 3-mile run to follow up after last night's hard tempo run. Nice and easy pace about 8:13/mile, but lots of sweat so that's good.

I'm getting fired up for the Turkey Trot in Erie, Pa., on Thanksgiving morning. Just hoping it's not a blizzard this year! If you'd like to register, click here.

Anyway, thanks for a plug for my new blog from Heather Cass, who authors the Runners Notes blog on www.goerie.com which is the Web site for the Erie Times-News. She also puts together the Her Times magazine, a must read publication designed for a female audience.

Heather is a personal friend and a very good runner and active member of the Erie Runners Club. I was pleasantly surprised to see she had mentioned this blog in one of her postings. Thanks again Heather.

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment