No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Erie Turkey Trot results!

Happy Thanksgiving! Well, I managed to have a great day! I am certainly thankful. In fact, I established a personal best at the Erie Runners Club Turkey Trot 5-K. My time was 20:26, which is 5 secs. faster than 2007 when I ran a 20:31.

It was cold and drizzly, not horrible conditions, but when it's 45 degrees and you're wearing a short sleeve shirt and racing shorts, it can get a little bit frosty.

There were 1,700 runners and walkers in the 5-K this year and I managed to finish 56th overall and 4th in my age group! No award this time, but needless to say this was a highly competitive field with the winning time overall at 15:20, which is blazing!

Heck, the guy who won my age group (35-39) finished in fifth overall with a time of 17:20! The guy who finished second in the age group ran a 19:17 and third place was 20:11, nipping me by 15 seconds.

The start of this race was unbelieveable, I've never seen so many people try to jam up to the front of the line. People were actually off to the side of the course, with officials yelling out that people would have to run over the mat for their chips to be activated. Crazy! There was definitely too many people who wanted to be in the front that should not have been. Petpeeve!

Anyway, a great race, plus it sold out the day before meaning no day of race registrations were accepted. I think that might be a first for this race. Just goes to show how popular it has become.

After it was over we hustled down to my sister's house in Stow for T-giving dinner. What a feast. All guilt-free, since I earned my appetite!

Runners World Quote of the Day:

"Commitment to the body machine. It was as critical as the commitment to the goal itself."

Richard Christian Matheson, "Third Wind"

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment