No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Awesome tempo run today

The weather outside after work was fantastic today, so what better way to celebrate than running a moderately hard 4-mile tempo run, plus one mile warmup and cooldown, for a 6-mile total.

The first mile was an easy warmup in 7:59, then time to ramp it up!

Mile two was done in 7:18 -- felt great.

Mile three done in 7:11, Mile four finished in 7:15, then Mile five was done in 7:01 -- nearly in the sixes!

After the five miles, time for a cooldown, which I did in 7:39 -- kind of fast for a cooldown, but it felt pretty slow after the previous paces.

After six miles, I wanted to see if I would finish faster than 46 minutes for a 10-K. I only needed to run 0.2 more miles, so what the heck.

Overall I finished the 6.2 miles -- a 10-K -- in 45:55. That was actually faster than what I ran the Erie 10-K on March 13! Including the mile each for a warmup and cooldown, my total per mile pace was 7:23.

"As we run, we become."

Amby Burfoot, The Runner's Guide to the Meaning of Life

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment