No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Easy 3.6 mile run, Erie 10-K sign up

Wednesday night was designed to be an easy 30-minute run, so that's what I did -- nice and easy.

I basically ran 3.6 miles in 30 minutes, which translates to an 8:20/mile pace. Not hard after pushing myself with sprints the night before.

I also signed up for the Erie Runners Club St. Patrick's Day 10-K on March 13, which you can do here.

I'm not really sure what kind of time I will be able to run for this race since it's the season's first, but maybe I can beat 45 minutes? That would translate to faster than a 7:14/mile pace.

I haven't run many 10-Ks in my life, mostly 5-Ks, 5-milers and half marathons, so this distance will be good to determine my current training paces for the Lake Health Distance Classic Half Marathon on June 6.

Many of the training workouts for a half marathon base workouts off of 10-K race pace, so this will this be perfect timing for a fresh 10-K time as I'm getting ready to begin a 10-week training program at the end of March.

I hope 2010 can be my most successful racing season especially since I'm turning 40 this year and will compete as a youngster in the masters division (for people 40 and older).

Runners World Quote of the Day:

"It is a sublime thing to suffer and be stronger."

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, American educator and poet

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment