No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Friday, March 5, 2010

Nice tempo run today

Loved having a nice sunny Friday afternoon off work (have to work Saturday), so I got in a good tempo run outside!

First mile was a warmup of 8:47, then time to engage into 4 miles of fairly hard tempo running.

I sped up and ran a 7:05 mile, followed by a 6:57 mile, then a 7:14 mile (had to stop for a bit due to a highway crossing and cars barreling down the road), then picked up up for the faster mile of the bunch -- a 6:56!

Following this, I did an easy 1-mile cooldown of 8:29. Funny how it felt so slow after cruising for the previous 4 miles.

Total run time was 45:31 for 6 miles or an overall pace of 7:35. But really the key to the workout was running those four tempo pace miles at around 7 minute/mile pace. Very encouraging!

Runners World Quote of the Day:

"I've always liked hills. I see a challenge, a goal, and I feel instantly galvanized to achieve the goal."

Amby Burfoot, The Runner's Guide to the Meaning of Life

No comments:

Post a Comment