No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Challenging speed workout

On Tuesday night, I did 5 x 1000 meter sprints on the treadmill.

First I warmed up with an easy mile, then set the treadmill for 6:40 mile pace. At 1,000 meters or 1K, which is 0.62 miles I ran each of them in about 4 minutes, plus a few seconds.

I followed this with 2-minute easy recovery jogs.

Not the easiest of workouts that's for sure, but it was good to get in some speed while working on the endurance.

After the speed workout, I did a 1/2 mile cooldown that was definitely needed. I can feel myself getting faster with these workouts.

Runners World Quote of the Day:

"I do my best thinking when I'm running. I don't know why that is - everything seems to flow so easily. It's almost a spiritual thing for me."

Apolo Ohno, Olympic Speed Skater

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment