No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Last speed workout before Erie 10-K

Tonight was my last speed workout before Saturday's race in Erie, Pa.

The distances run were shorter but more intense tonight.

I ran six 400-meter sprints each at 6:00/mile pace or 90 seconds each.

I knew this was going to be a fast and tough pace after sprint No. 1. I remember thinking "Wow, I have five more of these".

Anyway, I settled in and got used to the pace, sweating up a storm. After each interval, I did a light jog as recovery for 90 seconds, then back to the sprints.

I'm getting ready to race, it will be nice since it's been more than two months. The 5-miler on New Year's Day was my last one.

Hopefully the weather will be decent on Saturday -- meaning no rain.

Runners World Quote of the Day:

"A marathon is like life with its ups and downs, but once you've done it you feel that you can do anything."

Anonymous

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment