No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Sunday, March 7, 2010

A steller 8-mile run

This morning it was about 35 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. What a beautiful day to go for a long run!

My legs were a little tired from my 6-mile tempo run on Friday afternoon, but that didn't stop me from enjoying this run.

The first mile was completed in 7:50 or so, then I kicked it up a few notches.

Splits for miles two through eight were: 7:32, 7:26, 7:19, 7:27, 7:05, 7:19 and finally 7:13.

Total time was 59:26 or 7:26 per mile average! This is perhaps my best training run ever for this distance and the final three miles were the fastest of the bunch.

Can't wait for the Erie 10-K next Saturday.

Runners World Quote of the Day:

"Those long runs cleanse my system, physically and mentally."

Joan Benoit Samuelson

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment