No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Easy four mile run

Although it was starting to melt outside, the snow was too deep to run outside today, so I headed to the gym for a treadmill run.

I was still kind of feeling sore from yesterday's 8-mile run, so I did 10 minutes on the stationary bike to loosen up.

This run wasn't designed to be fast, rather easy just to get in some mileage.

I really didn't pay attention to the mile splits, but most of the miles were done around 8:20/mile pace or slower.

Overall, the time was 33:44 or 8:26/mile pace. You would think these runs really are easy, but that's never the case because of the soreness and stiffness from the previous hard workout. However, I guess it's better than calling it a slow run, right?

I like this Runners World Quote of the Day:

"I don't believe in restricting calories, I believe in burning them."

Chanamalla Samagond, Indian National Champion at 800m and 1,500m

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment