No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Great speed workout tonight

First time I got in some speedwork in a while and it felt great! I did five 0.5-mile sprints at paces that initially I began at 7:03 per mile.

At the start of each one of the five, I progressively bumped up the speed on the treadmill to the point I ran the last interval at 6:44/mile pace. The best part is that it didn't seem overly hard.

Between each interval, I did a recovery jog of about 1:35 at a 9:40/mile pace, then ramped it back up to speed.

I'm trying Ryan Hall's 1/2 marathon training plan, available here.

Looking forward to this plan, it seems like it's something I can do.

Runners World Quote of the Day:

"When you have the enthusiasm and passion, you end up figuring how to excel."

Deena Kastor

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment