No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Awesome speed workout

On Wednesday night, I got in a great speed workout on the treadmill!

After a very easy mile warmup, I bumped up the speed to a 6:44/mile pace and did a 1/2 mile. I ran six in total and each was at a progressively faster pace until the fifth one, which was done at 6:28/mile pace.

It felt hard, but good enough where I did a final, sixth one at the same pace.

Once I was done, I did a very slow half mile cooldown. Very tired and sweaty when done, but it's all good!

I haven't run at those paces for a long time, so I was very encouraged by this workout! I'm looking forward to running the 10-K in Erie on March 13.

Runners World Quote of the Day:

"Success does not come to the most righteous and rigorously disciplined but to those who continue running."

Amby Burfoot

1 comment:

  1. If this was a speed workout, why were you running at such a slow pace? Or for that matter were you actually walking? I know it's only two weeks until the Erie race, but with workouts like that it may take you two weeks to finish the race.

    ReplyDelete