No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Sinus infection slowing me down

After two weeks of battling this cold and trying to run a little during that time, I went to the doctor on Friday.

He gave me some antibiotics and confirmed I have a sinus infection. Already the medication is helping, hopefully I'll be back up to speed in a few days.

Anyway, I did managed to get in a short 3-mile run Friday night. Nothing special, just trying to maintain some level of fitness while I recover.

I finished in 24:30 or 8:10/mile pace. Hopefully I can get in a couple solid runs this weekend and then I can get back into more hearty training.

Runners World Quote of the Day:

"Ultimately, the best runners are the ones who are willing to work very hard but who have a little bit of a lazy streak in them."

Benji Durden, Coach

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment