No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Great lift, easy 4-mile run

Monday night I got in an awesome strength training workout. Did chest, abs and legs. Felt good.

Then I hopped on the treadmill for an easy 4-mile run. After a mile warmup of 8:50, I settled in and did the remaining three miles around 8:13/mile pace.

Hopefully on Wednesday, I'll be able to do a speed workout on the treadmill. Work has been crazy the past two weeks, so I hope I have the energy for a good workout.

People are also starting to ask me if I'm doing the 1/2 marathon in Cleveland in May. I'm not sure, it's expensive and kind of far away for me. Plus, it's three weeks before the Concord Half Marathon, which I really want to race and do well. I'd like to blow away my time from last year, which was 1:39:25.

I'll just have to see how the training goes along with other life commitments before I make a final decision on Cleveland.

Runners World Quote of the Day:

"Running should be a lifelong activity. Approach it patiently and intelligently, and it will reward you for a long, long time."

Michael Sargent

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment