No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Getting healthy slowly, 5-mile tempo

Monday night was a time for cross training so I did some strength training that involved chest and abs. The layoff wasn't too bad on this end, so I was happy about that.

Then I did 45 minutes on the stationary bike, 30 minutes were at a pretty good clip of about 90 rpms. I guess that's decent, because I was working up a nice sweat.

Tuesday night's workout was a 5-mile tempo run. The first miles was easy pace about 8:50/mile. The second through mile four were done between 7:33 and 7:40/mile pace. Nothing spectacular and my legs and whole body just felt tired like I needed a day off.

I managed to finish the run with the last mile done as a cooldown or easy pace of 8:13/mile.

I'm hopeful my health from this stupid cold/sinus problem will take care of itself soon, but I have a doctor's appointment for Friday in case it doesn't.

With adding cross training to my regime, I thought this quote was appropriate.

Runners World Quote of the Day:

"The body loves variety. The body is the same as the seasons: It likes change."

Priscilla Welch, British marathon runner

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment