No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Awesome day & run!

With temperatures in the mid 30s, it was a perfect day for a long run. Sunshine was abundant and the wind wasn't too bad.

I decided to bump up the mileage to a 10 miles today. Farthest run I've done in a long time. I really felt great for the majority of the time.

All of my miles were done faster than 8 minutes! The total time was 1:18:10 or 7:49/mile pace.

This is probably the fastest I've ever done a training run for this distance. This fires me up! Hopefully a sign of good things to come.

Runners World Quote of the Day:

"The ability to make a man go beyond the point at which he thinks he is going to die."

Franz Stampfl on what coaches need

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment