No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Busy week at work, great run today

This past week at work was one of the most busy I've had in a long time, so I didn't have the time or energy to post, sorry loyal readers.

Tuesday night was a good 5-mile tempo run. After a mile warmup, I got in three solid miles faster than 7:23 including the third one at 7:03. Finished with a mile cooldown of 8 minutes. Whew, that one was tough, but good.

I needed a day off after that and on Thursday, I got in a fairly easy 4-mile steady state run in 32:24 or 8:06/mile. Not too bad, but I was still feeling slightly tired from Tuesday's tough run and tired from work.

Saturday was a new day and after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast, I got in 8 miles in 61:15 or 7:45/mile pace. Wore the Yak Trax and they definitely helped on the snow-covered roads where I live.

So I was very happy considering the snow and somewhat windy conditions. I felt strong and fresh at the end and did the last mile in 7:38! Very pleased, indeed.

Runners World Quote of the Day:

"Running was a practical and mystical discipline. It was a way of melding the inner and outer realms."

David Hobler, runner

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment