No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Good weekend of running

On Saturday, I got in lots of strength training. I did abs, lower back, legs and hips.

Then I hopped on the treadmill and got in 5 miles. The first mile was nice and slow at 8:34/mile pace.

The last four miles were done around a 7:41 pace or so. Ultimately, I finished the five miles in 39:24. Nothing special but it was good to get four miles in at a solidly fast pace.

On Sunday, it was cold about 23 degrees, but it was sunny and the wind wasn't too strong so I wanted to get in a long run outside.

I decided to run 8 miles. Most of the miles were done faster than an 8-minute pace, with the last two slower than 8-minutes. I was definitely feeling the effects of my layoff, plus the strength training of my legs the day before made them feel heavy.

But I got the distance in and I can't complain too much since it was my first long run for about three weeks.

For the weekend, it was a good to get in 16 miles including Friday's workout

This week I hope to get in a some additional quality workouts to get back into the swing of things.

Runners World Quote of the Day:

"Commitment to the body machine. It was as critical as the commitment to the goal itself."

Richard Christian Matheson, "Third Wind"

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment