No pain, no gain ... Mile 21 of the 2007 Cleveland Marathon

Friday, February 19, 2010

A day off before big weekend

On Thursday, I was still stinging after Wednesday's speed workout. I had intended to take the day off Thursday, but my legs were screaming for me to do something, so I hit the stationary bike for 40 minutes. Felt good to get some blood flowing through there as I recovered.

For Friday night, I decided to take the night off and have plans to do a long run on Saturday and perhaps a 4-5 miler on Sunday. The weather should be decent, so I'm hoping to do my long run on Saturday at a swift pace and hopefully I'll feel fresh. Maybe I'll bump up the distance to 10 miles, if I'm feeling good.

With the Olympics in full swing, I wanted to link you to this story about speed skater Apolo Ohno, who is a runner too. Check it out here.

Today's Runners World Quote of the Day is short and sweet ...

"Run into peace."

Meister Eckhart, 14th-Century Philosopher

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment